Be Prepared - contact us to schedule your own class today!
If you have an emergency and EMS is more than a few minutes away, you should take this class.
This class is for campers, hikers, backpackers, Girl Scout and Boy Scout leaders, and anyone who wants to learn advanced first aid.
Certification – The American Safety & Health Institute (ASHI) Wilderness First Aid certification is valid for two years.
• Protecting Yourself • Legal Considerations • Moving and Lifting
• Scene Assessment • Initial Assessment • Focused Assessment
• Shock • Control of Bleeding • Major Wounds • Facial Injuries • Minor Wounds
• Cleaning, Closing, and Dressing Wounds • Burns • Head, Neck, or Back Injuries
• Musculoskeletal Injuries • Extended Injury Management • Altered Mental Status
• Breathing Difficulty, Shortness of Breath • Abdominal Problems
• Pain, Severe Pressure, or Discomfort in Chest • Poisoning
• Heat Emergencies • Cold Emergencies • Bites and Stings
• Submersion (Drowning) • Lightning Strikes • Altitude Illnesses
• Emotional Considerations • First Aid Kits • Water and Food
• Protection from the Elements
Wilderness First Aid is a two day course.
Prerequisite: Certification in adult CPR/AED and basic First Aid is required.
Per person cost ranges from $175 to $225, depending on how many participants are in the class.
Schedule your own class for 6-10 people.